- Experience challenging behaviours.
- Deal with complex issues but lack understanding.
- Find rules and boundaries difficult to implement.
- Are affected by someone who refuses to acknowledge/ is unaware of their condition.
- Feel embarrassed, frustrated or stressed.
- Wish to enhance social skills.
- Want to offer effective support to improve learning and performance.
- Need appropriate tools and strategies that work now.
- Want to combat ignorance, prejudice and injustice.
- Would like to empower those you support to be more fulfilled, independent and productive.
- Prefer to focus on solutions rather than problems.
- Realise the benefits of being trained by someone with personal experience who genuinely understands.
Why train with us?
- You will learn through our unique Ripples of Change™ method; an approach that has been proven to facilitate new life skills leading to greater independence and improved outcomes.
- Your certificate will be accredited by the Association for Neuro Linguistic Programming (ANLP).
- You will be inspired by our experience, practical techniques and comprehensive manuals.
- You will only need 5 days to train; a minor commitment for the significant results and benefits you will achieve.
- You will gain a high level of competence and effectiveness because our training is empowering, practical and fun.
What is Ripples of Change™
This trade mark is for our unique and inspirational approach to ADHD, Aspergers and High Functioning Autism. It signifies that we combine Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP) and Coaching techniques with personal and professional experience to provide the best possible training and subsequent results. Our passion and optimism create ripples of change that develop and grow over time.
What will you learn?
Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Core symptoms
- Effects of cognitive dysfunction
- Impact on the individual and their relationships
- Overview of related conditions
- Advantages of ADHD
Aspergers & High Functioning Autism
- Core symptoms
- Social & communication skills deficits
- Anxiety, depression and obsessive behaviour
- Sensory issues
- Rage Cycle
- Creating enabling environment
NLP – Communication and Behaviour
- Simple communication model; changes perceptions, behaviour and results.
- Effects of attitudes, beliefs and values
- How we use our senses to understand experiences
- Recognise and interpret facial expressions and body language
- Build rapport using physiology, tonality and words
- Identify learning styles and teaching systems
- Successful conflict resolution
- Gain control of emotional states
- Remove anxiety from a future event
- What coaching is
- How coaching, mentoring and therapy differ
- Importance of setting and achieving goals
- The GROW Model – how coaching works
- How beliefs influence our behaviour and outcomes
- Practical application
- Use pictures to identify and resolve problems
- Adapt language to create behavioural change
- Use motivation to implement desired behaviours
- Appropriate consequences for negative behaviours
Who should attend?
Professionals, Carers, Parents and Relatives who know they can improve the outcomes of people with ADHD, Aspergers or HFA with the right knowledge, skills and interventions
How can you accomplish this?
The training has been structured to be interactive, combining classroom learning with practical application. We aim to ensure levels of understanding are consistent within the group, therefore it is important to attend each training day and read sections of the manual as directed
- Successful completion of the course in its entirety
- Participate in all exercises and activities
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of the material and techniques
Diploma Certificate – Post training (Optional)
- Case study with ADHD, Aspergers or HFA client
- Written assignment (2,000-2,500 words)
Diploma Assignment – Post Training
You will find a volunteer who has ADHD, Aspergers or HFA and work with them for a minimum of 6 one hour sessions. During these sessions you will use the tools and techniques practised during the course and demonstrate your competence in the form of a written assignment; following our simple, structured format. This will need to be prepared and submitted within 4 months of the course completion date and include the following :
• A clear indication of which tools/techniques you used, a description of how you used them + the overall outcome.
• An explanation of how the training has changed the way you support people with ADHD, Aspergers or HFA.
*Diploma subject to certification fee
What if you attend this training?
Just imagine challenging behaviour and stress are no longer major problems because you have new strategies that really work. Skilfully you improve the performance of those you support and empower them to have greater independence and choice. You feel inspired and motivated because you know you are making a real difference; you can visibly see the transformation!
How valuable would this be to you?